Moving to Your New Home
Your newly built home is ready and waiting for you to move in. If you’ve never lived in a brand new home, it’s good to know what to expect before you embark. These tips will help you prepare, get things off on the right foot and make the most of your new home.
Before You Move
- During final Quality Celebration, ask questions and take notes so you won’t forget anything. Ask your field manager about any precautions you should take when moving to protect floors and prevent damage.
- Transfer service for your utilities to your new address, so you’ll have all the services you need the day you move in.
- Get to know some of your new neighbors. You never know when you might need an extra hand or some new homeowner know-how.
- Give the new address to local emergency services so they have you on file—a newly built house might not have its address on the books yet.
- Before the movers unload, protect flooring, corners and anything else from damage with padding and carpet protectors.
- If you have kids, take care of any childproofing tasks once the movers leave to keep little ones out of trouble—and you free from worry.
- Familiarize yourself with the electrical and mechanical systems (the fuse box, the HVAC system, etc.).
- Get to know your appliances and how they function, check fire and smoke alarms and remove any wrapping from fire extinguishers.
- Check your faucets and make any desired adjustments to your water heater settings.
- Sign up for the Owner's Corner within My Pulte for general home information.
- Familiarize yourself with regular cleaning and upkeep in our Home Care Guides.